Sunday, October 26, 2008

flower

I call her the sunshine whereas I'm the moonbeam. We've known each other for 6 years now. It's amazing how time flies. We were just innocent, happy kids back then. Every moment we spent was just full of laughs. And now here we are, preparing for the real world.

Whenever I bump into something exciting or incredibly funny, I'd always think of her first. How joyful it'd be if she's around, too. I also find solace in her all the time. When everything went wrong and nothing is right, I'd turn to her for some words of advice. Somehow she knows how to make me feel safe.

She is a wonderful friend. She's the one who'll be there for you, squeezing your hands and willing to lend her shoulder for you to cry on while whispering to you that everything's gonna be alright, and if there is, she's gonna protect you from it. She's also the one who'll try so hard to cheer you up, although her own world is crashing down. She makes me feel important.

She is my sunshine. Someone who makes me feel very happy every time we're together. Although she's miles away now, she still has that magic touch. I'm glad I made the decision to ask her whether I could join her for recess 6 years ago, and I'm glad she let me.

Dayang Maani Zuriah is my best friend ever.

3 comments:

chengmon said...

u have a very nice, kind and good friend. Dayang Maani Zuriah! Where is she now???

Shahida said...

she's in limbang, sarawak:(

dygmaynie said...

aww. swt of miss. i miss you so much :( *sobsss*