Friday, April 24, 2009

just one tree


My blog's former name, Big Tree, was based on this big old beautiful tree. The tree is very old, you know. Older than the Malay College itself.

I got to know this tree in 2001, but then I just saw it from afar. A year later, I began to just pass it by. In 2003, I had to just gaze at it from afar again. I didn't have the chance to take a closer and very proper look on this tree all those three years.

As you may see, this tree is located in front of the East Wing building. Well, East Wing is the home of Form 4s. So I finally get the chance to get to know this tree better in 2004, when Abang was in his fourth year at the College. I was really happy back then. I'd be sitting underneath this tree with my mum and dad, or just tawaf around it. I was pretty upset when 2004 ended, because that means Abang had to move out from East Wing, and move in to West Wing. Well, West Wing and East Wing are not that far. They are at the same building, only separated by the Big Hall in the middle. But I can't just simply go to East Wing without any particular reasons, right?

Actually, there is another beautiful tree there, at the College. It is located at the Pavilion, the home of Form 2s. But the tree isn't as big, as old, as beautiful and as famous as Big Tree.

If you are confused about this tree's and the advertising company's names, they are the same actually. The founder of the company is a former Collegian who is very proud of this tree.

These days, I suddenly miss this tree very much. It is my favourite tree ever. I crave to go back to the College to visit this tree. Although I'm not a Collegian, I love the tree as much as the Collegians do.

I hope our school will plant a tree that the students someday will be proud of.

2 comments:

dygmaynie said...

no more big tree? haha.

Shahida said...

got bored of it. but that tree still remains in my heart:)