Sunday, May 24, 2009

hear the silence

When asked what my hobby is, I would simply answer I like reading. Well, I do like reading, except that reading is just one of my side hobbies.

To be very honest, what I love to do most is to just sit or lie alone somewhere quiet, and listen to musics using the earplugs. You know, just listening to the harmony and magical sound that came from the instruments, the lovely voice of the singers, every bit of words of the lyrics; and capturing the stories behind the songs. I love doing that.

Let me tell you about this Japanese song. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it on YouTube. I immediately downloaded the video, started hunting for the MP3 file, and searched both the lyrics and the translation. Then I played it over and over and over. And yes, I'm still hearing it now by the time I'm writing this. The song actually is very simple, but yet so beautiful for me. Here's some of the translation for its lyrics:
The rainbow is really pretty
No, it's you that's prettier

And there's another song that had me thinking about my school life which is almost coming to the end these past few days. Each time I listened to it, I would be thinking about what will happen after this. What will happen to us. No one has the answer, right? You know, in my entire school life, I had wanted nothing more than to end it and be an adult. But the fact that it is coming to the end now scares me. Somehow the real world outside there seems very frightening. And somehow, I just want to be in school, with the people that I know:')

But tonight we feel like stars
We'll play our air guitars
Cause we're eighteen

1 comment:

Nadiah Shah said...

the song is so nice..lyrics die pon..rase cam nak nanges je bile ingat balik lagu tu^^