Tuesday, May 25, 2010

kind eyes, warm smiles

Two days ago, a family came to buy a whole cake. Labu was the one who served them, while I just watched them. They seemed very ordinary: a father, a mother, a son and a daughter. While they were browsing through the cakes, I realized something about them. Both the parents are mute. But what fascinated me the most is their son. He's just a young boy - shouldn't be any older than 12, I think. However, he's very matured and well-behaved. He became the middle person between his parents and Labu. He told Labu whatever his parents told him. Back and forth, back and forth, he turned from his parents to Labu, and to his parents again. Never even once I caught a glimpse of irritated expression from him. Yes, maybe because he's used to it. But I don't think anyone can be as patient as he was, especially for someone that young.

I love that family, although I just met them for less than half an hour. I love that family, although we didn't really communicate with each other, except for exchanging smiles. It's funny how just by watching some strangers, you can learn a lot from them.

1 comment:

NiNJa / NiNi said...

wah! im so amazed.. i like mute ppl.. their honest to u..