Monday, May 31, 2010

small bit of favour that helps a lot

It is true that what goes around comes around. And Vito was right when he said "Just smile, and everything will be alright".

More than two years ago, I helped making someone's super hectic and stressful day a bit brighter. He worked at IKEA cafe and was facing demanding queued up customers. There wasn't much that I could do for him, just giving him a friendly smile, hoping that can make things a bit better. He smiled back, genuinely.

Recently, I had a bad day at work. Lunch hour was terribly busy, customers were complaining, and I got yelled back when I was just telling Bob about the complaints so that he can hurry a bit. Abang Up was yelling too, though not at me. So during my break, I escaped to Dunkin' Donuts aka paradise, because I was craving for Choc Pudding. I was greeted by the guy who works there. When I was searching for the Choc Pudding, he came and stood beside me and told me about the promotions they had. It wasn't until that point that I actually take a good look on him. He was probably slightly older than me, his hair reminded me of 8TV's Qi, and he was smiling brightly. As if dazzled, all my depressed thoughts that were mounted up in my mind were washed away.

And instead of buying just one for me, I bought six, since he was promoting the promotions they are having and showing me which are good enthusiastically.

No comments: