Sunday, October 2, 2011

ferris wheel

People say life is like a wheel. Sometimes you're at the bottom, and sometimes you're on top.

First semester was not that wonderful to me. It passed by without leaving any memories worth remembering, though there were some good parts. First semester had me struggling a lot; both with people and myself.

Second semester was almost the same. Plus it was too short for anything to happen.

Third semester has been wonderful, fortunately. It started off quietly, but gradually it became better. I made friends, a lot of them. As someone who doesn't make friends easily, the number of friends I made this semester shocked myself. Most of all, I don't just see them as normal people, but as human. Probably because I heard their stories.

The best thing about this semester is that out of those friends I made, there are several that I cherish with all my heart. I am a very indoor, homely type. I don't hang out outside often, but I spend a lot of time with these people. I love the moments we spent together just laughing over silly things. I realized that I am beginning to open up and just go out there and be myself. As a traumatized person, that is a very difficult to do. Because of those friends, I am beginning to develop trust on people. Most importantly, I am beginning to trust myself. It's amazing how somebody who used to be just a stranger to you can change you so much.

Thank you, friends. Hakim, for being my friend ever since semester 1. Yuni, for not minding my silly randomness and just go along with me. Acap, for the good laughs. Akmal, for sharing those awkward moments of being lost in others' conversations. Raihan, for letting me join all of you. Thank you for the good times. Maybe we might not be able to be this close anymore in the future and drift apart, but memories always stay. Someday, we will look back and recall this moment when we were one and smile.

No comments: