Monday, December 19, 2011

Isn't it amazing how much a small thing can play a huge part in your life?

A few years back, at a Pay Less Books warehouse sale, I came across this book. The cover and the title attracted me. I picked it up, turned it over to read the synopsis, and decided to buy it right away.

But since at that time, I had a little too many books, my mother told me to leave a few. I looked at the book and wondered whether I should put it down.

I didn't.

That book, has actually changed my life. As cheesy as it sounds, that book became quite a turning point in my life. Not that it was the greatest story or a remarkable autobiography of someone amazing, but it was just a simple love story.

That book, became a reason why I picked up my pencil and started writing again.

That book, is the reason why I have written so much today, for it has become a part of me.

That book, is the reason why I can dream the impossible dreams now. Not that I want to become a professional writer.


Thank you, Mary E. Pearson. One more book, and my collection of your works will be complete.

No comments: