Wednesday, October 1, 2008

love makes world go round

I've been taught we should balik kampung for Raya since forever. But I've never known why. Yesterday, I've learned the answer.

Last year was the most awkward Raya ever for my family. Abang wasn't with us. And it felt so empty without him. An incompelete feeling, that was it. It was dull, and so terribly horrible. I cried myself to sleep for nights. I couldn't imagine spending another Raya without him or anyone else.

This year, we are complete. Everyone's here. The six of us. I look at them and I smile. This is how I want to spend it every year. Together.

So what I've learned yesterday was, balik kampung isn't just to celebrate Raya. We can celebrate it anywhere. Even in the space. It doesn't matter where or how we celebrate it; it's just who we spend it with. I've learned that people balik kampung for Raya to celebrate it with their families - the people they cherish and love most.

I love my family. Despite their cons and sometime-weirdness, they are my family, and I love them.

3 comments:

idzwan_phoenix said...

i hate you 4 putting this post up..

chengmon said...

i agree with ur thought.

Shahida said...

hahaha. sape suruh pegi uk:D