Sunday, September 27, 2009

hujan bunga

Have you heard of Ana Raffali?

I first knew about her through The Star's R.AGE column. There was a big photo of her wearing a lovely cream baju kebaya and holding a beautiful mahogany-coloured guitar. That photo really attracted my attention. A few days later, I searched for her song, Hujan Bunga di Kuala Lumpur in YouTube. I was instantly mesmerized.

Ana was an English teacher, believe it or not. But then, she realized that she loves writing songs and singing more than she loves teaching. Most of her songs are in Bahasa Malaysia, attributed to her love of her native language. Besides, she usually wears baju kurung or baju kebaya when performing as "they are more comfortable".

She opened my eyes to see that my native language is beautiful. She made me realized that everyone looks dazzling in our traditional clothes. She inspired me to write more wonderful songs. Most importantly, she taught me to just be myself and feel good about it.

Just watch this number, and you'll understand why I fell in love with her (:

No comments: